Monday, January 3, 2011

The Past, The Present, and The Future


This time of year brings out the "what am I going to do different this year? how am I going to make my life better? why am I here?" type of questions in me. At the end of 2010 I posted a Facebook status that stated "Resolution for 2011...not dwelling on time lost and moving on from here to live in the here and now...and live it up!" And I truly intend to live this way each day.

After all, we can't change the past. Besides who would really want to? It is what brought us to where we are today. Without the people that have come and gone, the events that have occurred, the days that have past...well we wouldn't be who we really are.

That brings me to the present. With all of the past events and people I find myself bitter, angry, holding grudges...which by the way only effects my happiness. All of that "holding on" only makes it impossible to fully move into the present. It makes the present gloomy and dark...which is not who I want to be. I know a lot of it comes with being a woman. We are so hard on ourselves for so many things. And I am making positive changes in my life, but I have failed to see them.

So in the "present" I intend to keep my journal writing so on days when I feel I have not accomplished anything I can look back and say "see I did loads of laundry and put the clothes away on this day", "I washed and changed all the sheets on this day", and "I ate so healthy and worked out on this day".

I see my future as very positive. And I intend to begin this new year with many goals in mind. Writing them down and how I will accomplish them each day. I will hold myself accountable. And I will enjoy the bad with the good!

We had so much fun on our "Winter Break" and cannot wait to share those photos with you. Lots to do today as we get back to our work and school, but I will post through out the week.


HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011!!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!
    Y'all make a gorgeous couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love the picture!!

    You've said so many wise things in this post, but the thing that strikes me the most is "holding on makes it impossible to fully move into the present." That is something I really need to remember and embrace!

    ReplyDelete