Friday, November 12, 2010

"UGH! Mom do I have to?"

How often do you hear that in your house? From eating vegetables to wearing certain clothes...from getting up for school to running errands...from cleaning the bathroom to taking out the trash...from doing homework to feeding the dogs...it's a constant phrase in my house.

Well this week was no exception. The weather has been absolutely beautiful here lately. So I decided last weekend to torture my children by making them take some family photos. They are used to me snapping pictures because it is a rare moment when my camera isn't handy. And they often say "Hey mom take my picture doing ...". But when I actually say "go comb your hair and put this on" I get a resounding "UGH MOOOOMMMMMMMMMM do I have toooooo?"

Well it was even more exciting when I informed my husband he would be join us. If there is one thing he hates it's definitely smiling for pictures. In fact out or the 200 pictures I managed to snap only a few that he was actually sort of smiling in. He made lots of weird faces...but mostly in the pictures where everyone else was actually looking at the camera all at once and looking cute...his mouth was open, eyes closed, mouth squished to the side, giving me bunny ears. Looks like I better find a better bribe for him next time. I was able to get a few that I really liked though...so here's a little preview.



There are many more and I'm excited that I will be able to put some on this year's Christmas card. I can take the little bit of complaining for this great success. (I took most of the shots, but the family ones were done by a friend of the Princesses that is in her photography club at school.)

3 comments:

  1. I looove them!! The one of them crawling into the barn in so cute! James definitely groans any time I break out the camera, but that's too bad for him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures! I have been absent from blogland lately, so how have you been???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! I'm sure you'll have some great ones for the Christmas card!

    What is it with husbands and weird looks/smiles during photos? I can't tell you how many pictures I had from our shoot that would have been really good, had my husband not been looking creepy!

    ReplyDelete