Sunday, August 15, 2010

Daydreaming

Daydreaming: An escape from the madness of life, a way to dream of things to come, wishes you'd like to come true...

I daydream...A LOT! I love to dream of ways I'd change this or that. Or about things coming up in our life to be excited about. But lately I've been daydreaming about work, school, kids, house and how I have so many ideas and so many things I want to change.

If real life was like my daydreaming I would be able to just be "mom". I'd love to be able to homeschool my children, learn at our own pace, take field trips for real life learning, and most of all spend more time together as a family. I am glad my job allows me to be home and available for my children, but it makes me extremely tired and there isn't much time for myself while I'm taking care of kids 16 hours a day. Unfortunately, there is no way for me to not work.

My daydreaming life has really cute furniture, very organized rooms, everything in its place and easy to find, and I'm always very nicely dressed. I have lots of time to study up on new fun curriculum to teach my kids with, I read for my own enjoyment, and I am at the gym or running a lot.

Some things I know I can make possible, but others seem so far out of reach. I just hope one day the line between reality and daydreaming becomes a little thinner.

Until then I'll keep working away to pay the bills and dreaming of bigger and better things for our family.

1 comment:

  1. Some days if I didn't daydream I would just give up. :)

    ReplyDelete