Thursday, September 17, 2009

At a Crossroads...

You know there are times in your life when things occur and you just can't decide which way to go. We are in great debate around here whether to put our house on the market so that we can take advantage of the market beginning to go back up, but also with the hopes we can find a bigger house at a more affordable price for us. The problem is we won't be able to sell our house for what we were hoping.

The real estate agent wants to list is $10,000 under what we need. Is this a sign that it's not our time? Or do we need to somehow figure out how to make this work because we could get a house right now that we would not be able to afford under a normal economy (whatever that is anymore). With our growing family we are in great need of more space. But is now the time?

I have my hopes high and thinking that all things work themselves out. We've done this before we can do it again. We will figure it out. I keep telling myself this...but of course a small, okay quite large, part of me is freaking out. As I sit typing I am staring at 9 empty boxes. Boxes for our "clutter" and personal items that won't be appreciated by another buyer. We of course would like to think our house will sell quick. The upgrades we've made, the small details we've added, and the feel of home...of course we are biased. I mean it is OUR house. If it didn't have that feel to us it would be no good. But considering the upgrades and money we've put into it I hate to settle for less than what we truly feel it could sell for. But we are not agents. And I know she knows much more about the market right now than we do and the price of the homes in our neighborhood. The foreclosures and short sales are really bringing us down.

But on the other hand we are not in a hurry. It's not like we have to get out of here. The kids will be staying in the same school system, my business is here, and it's only a 30 minute drive for my husband to go to work. It's really the fact of the space we are in need of and the price we can afford right now.

So I feel if we price it at what we are wanting I think we will have to wait longer...but in the end it only takes one person to come through and really want the house. Our agent just thinks if we ask less at the start it will sell quick. But that's not helping us. So we are at a crossroads of sort. I'll keep praying and hope the answers come.

In the meantime I suppose I should "declutter" and try to enjoy a little house hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment