Monday, June 21, 2010

I am a sucker!

I am that one...the who believes everything I read....especially when it comes to magazines at the check-out. But not the typical Enquirer, Star, or US weekely. No no not the believer of celeb gossip and the like. I am the one who sees "Lose 45 pounds this month", or "Walk your way lean...No dieting involved", or "Cut this out and lose major weight".

I see those and think "Ha it must have happened to someone because they have written an article." Oh totally believe "The woman on the cover looks great. Of course this works". So I buy it. Which isn't bad because a lot of times they are real stories and good things to try.

But my problem is 1) I don't have the time to actually sit and read the whole thing. 2) When I do read them I either decide I don't have time to try it, it involves more than I could have ever imagined, or I just never even try it.

I also believe that just because I buy something it should work. Like my Weight Watchers. Yes it works, but you have to follow it. And guess what? I totally never log in! At some point I have quit counting points. But guess what else? I only think about it when I see the charge on my bank account.

And my YMCA membership...well we've gone a total of 3 times in the last month...and none the month before that. Baseball season took over the last few months and I couldn't get there at all. Now it's summer, we still have baseball, but I'm not getting my workouts and classes in b/c we end up heading to the pool. I love the pool!

I have been walking almost every morning. But I miss my classes and since we are cnacelling our membership at the end of summer I want to get more in. But I hate to miss pool time.

Even not working during the summer there just aren't enough hours in the day! But that's another post. Until then I need to get my act together, plan a little better, and stop being such a flake and excuse maker. Gather my magazine piles, cut out new things to try, recipes to cook, and just plain get it together!

Procrastination is my middle name...but summer will end too soon and I have a goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment