Monday, June 14, 2010

Strep Throat in the summer???

How did this happen? Where did it come from? This morning I woke up feeling like a Mac Truck ran me over...and over and over...again. Throat swollen, fever 102, body aches, eyes feeling like they are bulging out of the sockets and pressure...tremendous pressure. So off I went to the dr. to find out what the heck was going on.

STREP THROAT! Ugh! Let me tell you strep throat in a 32 year old woman is exhausting. I think I felt worse than after recovery from delivering a baby.

But after the nurse gave me a shot...whom I totally fell in love with...yes she was a woman but she commented on the fact that she never would believe I had so many children if she hadn't actually seen them b/c I have no stretch marks. I totally heart her for noticing..and commenting...and checking my chart to tell me I'd lost some great weight lately:)

I laid up in the bed close to deaths door...ok not really...but it sure felt like it. After a shot, a ZPac, and a numbing mouth wash, chicken noodles soup, lots of Gatorade...and several interupted naps I am feeling a little more human. I'm really hoping tomorrow brings great recovery as my house looks worse than a war zone and the laundry piles are as big as Mt. Everest.

No comments:

Post a Comment