Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Back to the Grind

Well I've started this post about 5 times this week and have yet to get it published. Between starting back to work, my 6 kids still being home, meeting teachers, preparing for a new school year, laundry, housework...you know the list...I just haven't found the time to blog.

So while the little ones are napping I can hopefully write about something exciting.

We have been to visit the children new teachers. I am very pleased with all of them. Hopefully, that will continue throughout the year of course. I can't believe how fast the summer has gone, but I am more than ready to get back on schedule around here. I have planned meals in awhile b/c of traveling and practices. We've been eating good though...Chicken N Dumplings, several apple pies w/ cinnamon sauce have been made, a Low Country Boil has been made almost every week, Potato Soup, and few different creamy chicken recipes have been tried. While my step-daughter has been here she requested a few meals so I have tried to make sure she had her requests met.

This weekend will be full of getting school supplies, finishing up all laundry so things are organized w/ easy access for our hectic mornings, and just getting it all together for an easy transition back to the real world. I'm getting the menu together today as well as getting our 4 year olds home school pre-k stuff planned. I am going to start adding some of that to my blog as well...some lessons and various projects that we are working on.

Stay tuned for updates on menu and easy homework transitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment