Sunday, February 21, 2010

MIA Vegetables!

Don't worry I'm still alive! We took a little vacation last week and returned today. The kids have a winter break, and we took the opportunity to go down to Tampa and visit my husband's twin brother and his family. We haven't been down in 2 1/2 years...and we used to go 2 or 3 times a year so it was a much needed visit.

Of course while I'm on vacation I gave myself a break counting points and just wanted to eat and not stress and think about losing weight. I haven't been eating bread and gluten products for about a week and a half so I think my body is really ticked at me right now. We only ate out once and the other times we cooked, but I was not eating vegetables like I should and I also ate too many processed foods.

Tonight when we got back the family wanted shrimp fettuccine Alfredo. My body was saying "Don't you dare!". So I sauteed a little shrimp w/ Cavendar's seasoning with a huge helping of broccoli. It was so yummy...and for dessert I had a Clementine. Mmmmmmm so yummy! I love shrimp and broccoli w/ a little EVOO and sprinkle of Greek Cavendar's seasoning. I know my body is happy and full tonight.

I also drank a ton of Diet Coke while we were gone and especially when we were driving. So tonight I guzzled probably half a pitcher of water. I feel like I'm already cleansing my damage. I have started planning our meals for the week and I am really excited about all my fruit and vegetable purchases.

I am sure I gained a couple of pounds back...but this week I am more than determined to get back in the gym and get my eating back in check. I have my calendar made to finish out this month's workouts, and I'm looking forward to a new 10 Minute Solutions DVD that Melissa sent me for her Valentine exchange.

I will try it out this week and give a full review along the way! I also have my Boot Camp DVD I've got planned and 2 nights of Zumba scheduled in. Maybe with the weather being halfway decent I can finally get in a run or two.

My plan is to weigh myself in the morning and get my journals back out and keep track of all points and workouts. This is going to be a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! It looks like we took a break together without knowing it!!! I hope that you have a great week :-)

    ReplyDelete