Thursday, January 21, 2010

From the inside out...

I'm getting restarted...after a running hiatus for a couple of weeks due to freezing temps. and ice on the ground I have only been working out at the gym. But this week was super nice and calling my name for the fresh outsdoors. I rocked 2 glorious runs Sunday and Monday. Then last night I headed out after a very stressful day. Half way into my run it started raining. It felt good! But being that I had Little Monkey with me I figured it wasn't good for him so we headed home.

Today it's pouring...so off to the gym we'll go tonight for Zumba...and I still haven't done any weight training this week so I better get something together. Maybe I should strap ankle weights to me...and do they make wrist weights? Surely I could just wear those while cleaning and chasing kids all day and that would be some sort of weight training...right?

Last week on Oprah Peter Walsh was helping this family reconnect. He was telling them it really has to start from inside and the way your house is really helps make your life connections better. You know kind of like if your house isn't in order your life can't begin to be in order. So...this weekend while I had an extra day off I started on my kitchen. Very fitting since I'm trying to get my eating in check and stay on this journey of weight loss. I started by taking some pictures...horrid! I really couldn't believe how disorganized my cupboards, pantry and refrigerator were. I'm super happy with the results and I'm on the kids and hubby to PUT THINGS BACK WHERE THEY BELONG!
Before:

And (drum roll please) After-
(after grocery shopping).

I then scrubbed out the refrigerator and headed to the grocery store. I didn't like the empty look...but it sure was nice to know what we had and didn't have. Now, I can open up and nothing falls out:) I love the feeling of being in the kitchen now. I think once a week (on top of all the regular cleaning of course)I am going to focus on one room and really get it de-cluttered and organized. That in itself is a full time job around here. Nothing ever seems to stay clean for long. I'm still figuring out how I'm going to keep this going...and get the kids and hubby on board so it's not always mommy doing it.

I want to thank Melissa for my Beautiful Blogger Award she gave me yesterday. Tomorrow I will post the 7 random things about me and give the award to 7 other Beautiful Bloggers.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Thursday. One more bednight as my 4 year old says...and it's TGIF!

1 comment:

  1. I just cleaned out my downstair's closet this weekend and it was horrible!! All the stuff that was thrown away. It does feel better to get organized, but I have a hard time staying that way!!

    ReplyDelete