Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Getting around to it...

First, I'm sorry for the Christmas background still lurking around. I promise I'll get it super cute (well as much as one can who is lacking knowledge of HTML and such things) by this weekend.

Second, I love reading blogs and am getting such inspiration from my daily reads. However, I am lacking on the home front b/c I enjoy it a little too much. I keep putting off so many things and they are starting to pile up. I have this dream in my head that this one special day will arrive and all the undone things will get done. That's a goal I am going to work on this year...make things happen instead of waiting for them to happen.

Third, I'm excited about making an inspirational board this weekend (well it's on that same list of getting things done). Over @ Fitnessista she made one this week and I can't wait to get started. I have pulled out several old Self and Fitness magazines so I can cut out pictures and such. I look forward to looking at it each morning and knowing what I'm working toward this year.

Fourth, My workouts are totally rockin' this week. I am on day 3 of the 30 Day Shred. I am super sore today and it seemed a little harder to get through...so I feel like it must be working if I'm burning. I've been doing the 20 min. of The Shred and then 20 minutes of a Yoga/Pilates DVD. I can't do a long time w/ Pilates b/c I have really weak wrists...but I love the Yoga. I was also able to get to the gym yesterday for 30 minutes of interval cardio on the Arc Trainer (my super sweet hubby stayed home during nap so I could go all alone) and I also did 15 min. or arm circuit machines and 15 min. of leg machines. Tonight I was on my own (and will be since hubby is working over night and then closing the next 2) and since we are also supposed to get snow tomorrow and the kids schools are closing early...I needed a night at the gym. So we headed out and I got in 30 minutes of interval cardio on the Arc Trainer and then ran for a bit on the track. When I got home I did The Shred but no Yoga. Then after getting all the littles in bed I took a soak in the tub. I made some hot peppermint tea and piled all my magazines and my planner on the coach to get started...

Well, I found myself on Facebook and then reading e-mail and on to blogs...and well that leads me to

Fifth, I am a procrastinator and can seem to only focus on one thing at a time. My workouts are good...eating a bit over my points. Good ideas about my inspiration board...but seem to get sidetracked by my laziness and wanting to just sit on my butt. I have bills to be paid and a new planner that has yet to be used...but I need to make a new budget sheet and find some Post-Its. I have The Biggest Loser cookbook and Weight Watchers recipes to search through...and I have not made anything new this week...but I have used my crock pot 3 days in a row and I love dinner being made so easy (but the smell makes me hungry through out the day).

And lastly...I have not slept in about 4 days. Little Monkey does not want to sleep through the night. He has been waking up anywhere between 12:30 and 2:00 throwing temper tantrums, won't lay in our bed, won't go back to his...I need this phase to pass soon! I have a feeling he has teeth coming in that I can't see or feel yet and also he is usually my workout buddy who goes on my walks/jogs with me. We have been stuck in the house for a few days now and I don't think he is getting enough fresh air. So that was another reason I wanted to head to the gym hoping the play center would tire him out. I also took the kids up to the track when I picked them up and had them run around for a bit.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he will sleep tonight...b/c I really need it!

4 comments:

  1. Hey - It's Ellen Sauve. Do you use a Reader (like Google Reader)? I find it really speeds up my daily blog reading and helps me make sure I don't miss anything. Just a thought!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is your son having night terrors? My son had a stage where he did that about 2 years old and I asked the doctor about it. It fianlly passed, but it freaked us out a little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellen - yes I do have the Google Reader...my problem is I always read comments from other blogs and end up finding new ones and it could take hours to sift through...good thing I work from home:)
    And Staci - maybe that's whats going on. I know he wasn't feeling good for a few days but now he just seems extra clingy and in some sort of temper tantrum phase. He's throwing awful fits when he wakes in the middle of the night. He did sleep last night until 5:30 so that's an improvement...but he used to sleep until at least until 7 or 8. We shall see...I love him so much and enjoy cuddling in bed w/ him but I can do w/o the 30 min. temper tantrums before hand.

    ReplyDelete