Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year...New Me!


Happy New Year bloggy friends:) We spent the evening with great friends ringing in the new year. The kids danced their little hearts out and crashed...then the adults had fun dancing and singing to old school back in the day songs. Everything from Bon Jovi to Poison and MC Hammer to Vanilla Ice and Snow. It's amazing how you can not hear a song for years and the minute you hear it you know all the words and it takes you right back to being a teenager:)

I also got to spend the day on a "play date" with several girls that I went to high school with that I haven't seen in years and we got to meet each others kids. Thank goodness for Facebook bringing us together. It was a good day spent w/ old friends and reminiscing and catching up. I of course had the most kids (I had all 6 of ours with me) and the oldest and youngest:) (That's me w/ the blue scarf and striped sweater). Since I started this motherhood journey my senior year of high school it was really nice to see this group since they were several of the ones who stuck by me through such a scary time. One of the girls was one that had thrown me a baby shower that meant so much b/c I literally had nothing.

As I sat today recovering from a long night of little sleep (I'm not a drinker so I was just tired from being up late and dancing:) I thought about how much my life has changed over the years...and how I'm going to make this year the best yet! Being a mother at such a young age and growing up very fast, putting myself through college, being a single mom, working 40 hours a week, falling in love, having another baby...all before graduating college and actually getting into the real world. Then teaching full time and continuing to have more babies has left little time for me to really figure out who I am and what I want out of life. This year I am determined to make more time for myself and not only enjoy my husband and children but also things for myself.

So to start the year off I am going to make a list of all the things I want to accomplish this year. Tomorrow I am going to make a list in my journal so I can check back on it and make sure I'm meeting my needs.

Here are a few things I have planned:
1. Lose the 20 or so pounds that I have been wanting to get off...stick to my Weight Watchers plan and log food and activities everyday. Walk/Jog/Cycle/ or Zumba 3-4 days a week and I want to start and stick to the 30 Day Shred. I'm thinking 30 days with 3 days off one between each level upgrade and then after that keep it up at least 3 days a week for strength.

2. Journal everyday...I want to not only log food and exercise but thoughts and feelings I can reflect on. I would really like a way to clear my head and get my thoughts together before the next day.

3. Organize and have a cleaning plan for the house in place. The kids have been very slack on their chores lately and I seem to be doing almost everything.

4. De clutter and get things fixed so the house is ready to put on the market. We have seriously outgrown this house and it's time to get serious about getting it on the market.

5. Make a budget each month and stick to it!

6. Try one new healthy recipe a week and eat out a lot less. Especially during baseball season...maybe cook a few big meals on Sundays to freeze for the week so were not relying on the drive-thru or quick unhealthy choices.


So there's a start...more on this tomorrow. Spa day planned tomorrow to get the year started off right! My daycare parents got together and got me a gift card and I am so in need of a massage:) Can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have had a GREAT New Year so far. Your goals are awesome.
    Have fun at the spa!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the goals! I need to work on the budget more too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so pleased to have come across your blog. We have so much in common ... less than 20 lbs to lose ... stepmother ... lots of kids (I have six) ... cute husband ... once a single mom ... loving our husband and kids and trying to love ourselves equally ...

    I look forward to reading about your life, I can use all of the insight I can get.

    Denise Burks
    www.successfulweightlossinthesuburbs.blogspot.com
    www.stepmotherinthesuburbs.blogspot.com
    www.successinthesuburbs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete