Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My biggest cheerleaders!

Good news this morning...this super cute boy slept through the night! I took him to the play center at the gym last night later than usual, afterward I took the boys up to the track to run and he has fun chasing them, and then we let him snuggle on the couch for a bit while we watched "The Biggest Loser". I gave him a little Benadryl for his runny nose and put him in bed at 9:00 with my fingers crossed. I woke at 4:00 and didn't hear anything...and when my alarm went off at 5:45 he was still snoozing away. VICTORY! Sleeping boy = Happy rested momma! Of course we'll have to wait and see if it sticks.

But for now I'm well rested and super happy today!
He even finally ate a good breakfast. He hasn't been eating much lately and makes me think a tooth is coming in...but I can't feel where.

Last night we ordered Chinese food....I think it's been ages since we have had it. The only good one near us is over 20 minutes away and we haven't been taking the kids out too much lately b/c well it's super expensive to take our family out to eat and that cute Monkey boy up top does not like high chairs.
I split my meal between Princess, Tooker, and myself. While I have no idea how many calories it had in it...I do know that I used to eat it all by myself and I feel that was a good move to split if between three of us.

After my tummy was full and happy I fell onto the couch into a food coma...since I didn't have to clean the kitchen and all...and next thing I know these sweet boys were attacking me saying "I thought we were going to the Y. Come on mom let's go".
How can I say no when they are saying things like "You say exercise makes you feel better. We ate take-out and you should want to work it off. You didn't cook a healthy meal and have to work harder now." Okay so I guess they are listening to me when I think they are tuning me out. So out of my food coma and off to the gym we went. I did the elliptical for 40 minutes and then ran around the track with them. I did feel better, but my belly was still full so we headed home to relax and watch The Biggest Loser. I drank water all night instead of my usual Diet Coke and snack while we watch. My husband and I used to sit and watch all their triumphs and accomplishments while we are bowls of ice cream w/ hot fudge, or a bag of chips, or something...I had switched to frozen grapes or apple w/ almond butter...but now I just have water. 8:00 is too late to be eating anyway!

So the boys have become my biggest cheerleaders and have already told me they want an early dinner so we can head to the Y early. They enjoyed running the track when I was done w/ my workout, and they have asked me to play a game of ping pong in the teen center when I pick them up. Can't say no to I just need to get Princess back on the workout wagon with me. Somedays she'll run or go to Zumba with me but lately she's enjoyed vegging watching TV a little too much. Have a great day everyone!


  1. Your boys look so precious!! I think it is great that he slept so long! I hope that you have a great night!

  2. I'm so glad that he slept throught the night. All hail antihistamines!!
    Your kids are adorable and I love how they are getting on board the "healthy wagon".